_

JOIN US NOW!

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Nature Distancing

Nature Distancing
© 2006 Martin Liew Photography

It was a quiet evening in Bukit Gombak Park on 21st October 2006, Saturday. It was my first visit there at night. I noticed this small stand-alone tree and decided to set up my Shanghai TLR camera. A long exposure timing of 9 minutes on the smallest aperture f/22, was made.

I like the night atmosphere in this park. I made another 2 consecutive visits nine years later on 3rd and 10th October 2015, both Saturday night. I posted some black and white as well as color photographs which were all captured on my digital Nikon D300. You can check out the photographs here in this blog post.

Would love to visit the Park again after the COVID-19 lockdown. News was announced that the upgrading had been carried out on 31st March 2019 and scheduled to open in early 2020 with new recreational facilities that include a hill trek, a nature play garden, and a dog run. More details on the National Parks website here.

Until then, I may or may not be posting new night photographs of the Park. Well, it depends after my visit or location recce. Do come back here for more night photographs in the coming nights.