_

JOIN US NOW!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Lonely Lamp Post

Lonely Lamp Post
© 2005 Martin Liew

Lonely Lamp Post

I walked around the other side of this old parliament house and spotted this part of the building that's perfect for a night shoot. This night scene resembles a 19th Century street building with one lonely lamp post shining throughout the night. I was attracted by its light that created such great contrast of shadows and the ambience atmosphere around. I stood there for a few minutes and kept looking at the scenery. I could feel a sense of peacefulness and a little curiosity about what was inside the building.

After the first exposure, I took a closer look at the building again and went in closer to the staircase on the right side. Here's a close-up exposure on which I like the great contrast between the white wall of the building and the shadow cast on the stairs with jagged patterns. It certainly has an dramatic impact that makes the image more 3-dimensional, rather than flat with dull tones.

Shanghai TLR • KODAK TMAX400 • 3min 36secs


Staircase
© 2005 Martin Liew

No comments:

Post a Comment