_

JOIN US NOW!

Saturday, November 02, 2013

Bridge to New Sports Hub

Bridge to Stadium
Recently I paid a visit to the new Sports Hub construction site, where former old National Stadium was situated. Construction started in 2008 and it seems progress is slow. Workers have to work overtime to meet the completion deadline in 2014.

I went back to the exact same location where I made the night photo shown above. In present day, it's a total transformation. Read on to find out more.



The construction site occupies a vast area. I took the Circle Line train from Tai Seng to Stadium Station. No short cuts at all and I have had to walk around the site perimeter along Mountbatten Road to Nicoll Highway, to reach the huge wide overhead bridge, shown in the image above, which situated across Nicoll Highway, linking the old Paya Lebar Airport building (formerly People's Association building), to the National Stadium. I took a few digital shots with my phone camera and here's one that I tried to show the Before and After look.

Bridge to Sports Hub 1
The reason why I was there because I happened to bypass the Sports Hub on a public bus last month and saw the huge architectural structure. I recalled of the top night photo I made in 2007 and thought I should go back there to make another night photo. And I did, but on recce purpose. Will go back there soon with full gear and equipment. A blog was written on my night photography trip at the old National Stadium here. All images are converted to black and white. For original color images, click here.

I noticed there's a new overhead bridge, still in the midst of construction, right besides the existing one, shown here in the image below on the extreme right. I reckon this old overhead bridge might be replaced. You'd get to see the whole structure when you bypass or stand on the old overhead bridge.

Bridge to Sports Hub 2
Running Man
After the completion of the new Sports Hub, I'll definitely make another night photo on the old existing overhead bridge and many more new photos around the Sports Hub.

So do come back here for the new updates.

Photo info:
Bridge to Stadium made with Nikon FM10 on FujiFilm Superia 400.

Bridge to Sports Hub 1 & 2 and Running Man snapshot with Samsung S3 and post-processed in Snapseed. Resized in Photoshop Touch for internet posting.

All images posted here are protected by copyright. No use of any image shall be granted without the written permission from Martin Liew.

1 comment:

  1. Using phone for night photography is like pushing the limit, good to see you are still embracing film ;)
    That's good coverage for on location night documentary.

    ReplyDelete