_

JOIN US NOW!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

NOCTURNES : The Art of Surrealistic Landscape

Abandoned House
© 2009 Martin Liew Photography

Finally, I've come up with the right title for my nocturne photography work, NOCTURNES: The Art of Surrealistic Landscape.

The photograph above was made on 9 May, Saturday night with a couple of friends. Each of us took a different vantage point and I did all the light paintings. Pity we couldn't stay longer, so I decided to go back on my own on the following Tuesday, 12 May right after work.

I found myself getting gutsier and bolder than ever, traveling all the way up to the north area after work to make some good nocturne photographs, all alone in this dark quiet place. I really had a good time exploring the location and certainly enjoyed the quiet night atmosphere. Well, I didn't stay long, say for about one and a half hours.

I made a point and effort to go back on the following Saturday and stayed there until dawn. It was fabulous doing nocturnes in that place. You can view more nocturne images directly at my website here.

Stay tuned for more night and nocturnes photographs here at my blog site, OR you can subscribe to my blog via email or RSS, by selecting yr choice in the column, First Time Here?.

Thank you for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Great photo Martin! Just a quick question; what f/stop do you use on your night photos, as i was told to use about F14 to 16 to keep the images sharp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smaller aperture like f/14, f/16 or even at f/22, are fine as your depth of field is greater not to forget abt the hyperfocal distance. Technically speaking, f/5.6, f/8 are the best aperture settings.

    Trying some bracket shots with the same exposure timingm but play around with different aperture settings for different results and see which work works best for you.

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete