_

JOIN US NOW!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Night After Sidewalk

Night After Sidewalk (HDR)
This is one of the many night photographs I made last night at Fort Canning Park. This part of the Park is very dark with one lamp illuminates a small area with its light. I found the atmosphere moody and as dramatic as its ambience contrast.

So I thought I would process it into a HDR effect using Nik Software's HDR Efex Pro. This is a single image made with my Nikon D300 and exposed for 178 seconds. This is my second attempt on HDR for night photography and I'm quite happy with the result, which has this painting effect and the whole dark ambience is brightened up with strong hue and saturation of the surrounding greenery. A little back track, my first attempt on night HDR was back in 2012, of an old school dove playground. If you want to read more, click on the hyperlink for the past blog article I wrote.

Anyway here's the original processed in Adobe Camera RAW.

Night After Sidewalk (original)
Well, most of you know I love monochrome photography and I believe there's no harm in converting this great image to monochrome and so I did.

Night After Sidewalk (mono)
Somehow monochrome still retains that aesthetic and as close to the actual scene as I saw it. By flushing out all the colors, makes it so timeless and minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment