_

JOIN US NOW!

Friday, November 06, 2020

Night Street Photo – Night After Sidewalk No. 8

Single version – Apple iPhone 6 Plus on Camera+
JPEG post-processed in Photoshop

Double version – NIKON D70s • Tamron 17-35mm
RAW file post-processed in Photoshop

Good evening nightographers! It's Friday night and here are two new night street photos I'm going to share with you. This is a sequel to the last blog post of the same location same night scene but different human subjects and titles. In the last post, silhouettes were captured, for that mysterious and moody effect.

Tonight's street photos featured human subjects walked by in the foreground of the alleyway. I made two versions - one with a Smartphone and the other with a DSLR camera respectively. The light level in this alleyway is pretty low and contrasty and posed a great challenge to capture moving subjects, especially with my 17 years old NIKON D70s. The highest ISO of this old camera is 1600 and I always shoot in Manual mode as I want to have controls on the exposures. Well, it's obvious I have really limited ISO along with a slow Tamron 17-35mm lens, I have to hold my breath and camera really well and steady, at a slow shutter speed between 1/15 to 1/30 second. Exposure Compensation was applied and set to +1 value.

As for the Smartphone camera, Apple iPhone 6 Plus camera back lens has an aperture of f/2.2. I used the Camera+ app in which I'm able to set the White Balance, ISO, and Shutter Speed. WB was set to Auto, ISO at 160, and shutter speed at 1/4 second. Comparing the two photos, they almost have similar results.

Which version do you prefer? Let me know of your preference on the Comment section below. I'd love to hear from you.

Lastly, do subscribe to my blog for new night photos updates and do follow me on my Instagram and NQN Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment