_

JOIN US NOW!

Friday, December 11, 2015

Airstream Trailers Are In Town!


Good evening fellow night dwellers!


Tonight I want to share with you my new nocturnal work of these American made travel trailers. Yes they are in town! Come aboard and see for yourself.




In mid November, I was informed by a friend whom happened to come across these Airstream Travel Trailers. After he showed me a couple of images he took with his phone camera, I got totally hyped. So we made our way there on the following weekend.




Upon arrival at the location, I was overwhelmed by the sight of these trailers. It's a totally rare treat to see 8 of these trailers here in Singapore, parked in a vacant car park. At the time we were there, they were undergoing refurbishment which I presume they are to be rented out as mobile food stalls or otherwise.






Nonetheless it was so great to have the whole place to ourselves, taking as many photographs as we can. Some of these photographs serve as references for my night photography later on after sunset as I was trying to find the best vantage spots for light-paintings.

_________________________________________

Here's a little history of Airstream.

Airstream is a brand of luxury recreational vehicle manufactured in Jackson Center, Ohio, USA. The company created by Wally Byam, which now employs more than 475 people, is the oldest in the industry. Airstream trailers are easily recognized by the distinctive shape of their rounded aluminum bodies. This shape dates back to the 1930s and is based on designs created by Hawley Bowlus.





In 1974, Airstream began manufacturing a Class A motorhome, badged ARGOSY. They began as painted 20- and 24-foot (6.1 and 7.3 m) models, and were followed in 1979 by the first examples of the Classic model motorhome, with an unpainted aluminum body much like the trailers they are known for.







As always, I had an awesome time doing light-painting of these trailers for that entire night. Yes I started at about 8:00PM and ended the next morning at 5:30AM. Below are the results and I hope you enjoy viewing my new work.





















Last but not least, I'll be putting up a couple of these night photographs for print sale on my website here. It's that festive season for shopping great holiday gifts. So now is the time to buy that print you have been eyeing. I look forward to receive your purchase orders. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment