_

JOIN US NOW!

Saturday, December 03, 2022

Spacetime – Night Streets on Slow Shutter V


Good evening nightographers! Last week, I shared 2 photographs I took of these dark "mirror" reflections, and tonight I'll be showing more photographs. In the top photo, I took a different approach to compose the subjects along with their own reflections, and also to show the surrounding environment. Read on as I share more...


While I was trying to find the best vantage spot and composition, an Indian man came by talking over the phone. He was so engrossed in the phone conversation then he stopped abruptly right in front of the dark "mirror". His body size almost occupied one-third of the frame and I thought it could create a balance in the composition with his reflection on the right side; two-thirds of the frame.

As he was talking, he kept moving and turning around until the moment he stopped, I released the shutter to capture this shot at a shutter speed of a quarter second. The aperture was set at f/4.5 and ISO remains at 200. When I was about to take another shot, he moved away from that spot, and hence I got the shot below.


Fortunately, another fellow came by, sporting a nice polo top and a pair of blue jeans. His face was distorted with motion blurs which creates a nice effect. So was his reflection. The white blurry thing on the far right is the reflection of a bypassing vehicle. Take a closer on the reflections, you would see lines similar to that of TV screen interlaces which I like the effect that adds up to the overall motion blurs.

OK let me show you the contact sheets of all the shots I made as I was trying hard to work on the scene with the dark "mirror" and reflections.


After a numerous shots, I changed position and turned my lens the opposite direction. Somehow, the ambient lighting wasn't favorable but I went ahead to take a few shots. I even moved my lens diagonally trying out some ICM effect and it turned out great. After post-processed it in Photoshop, this is the result. I really like the dazzling lights effect and the body motion blurs that creates this surrealistic abstract visual.


Alright, that's all for tonight, guys! I hope you enjoy reading and viewing my new work. For new readers, remember to enter your email address below to subscribe to my blog for new updates. Thank you for your time and support. Take care, stay safe and have a great weekend! Cheers!


Subscribe to my blog


Follow me on my Instagram and NQN Instagram
View more of my photography work on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment