_

JOIN US NOW!

Monday, November 07, 2022

Spacetime – Night Streets on Slow Shutter (A Triptych)




Good evening and welcome back to my night photography blog. Yes, I'm back. First and foremost, I hereby sincerely apologize to all my supportive readers for the long hiatus. Yeah, absent for 13 months without a single blog post until now. I have been on hiatus before, sadly. Honestly, I was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. I mean, I wasn't infected with the deadly virus but instead, it was the mentality part. I hardly go out at night to make photographs. Occasionally, I would go out in the day for some street shootings with a point-and-shoot film camera or a DSLR camera.

Picking up street photography again seems a lot harder but I have re-adapted and progressed and am slowly back on track. Lately, I got hooked up on an interesting shooting technique called ICM a.k.a. Intentional Camera Movement for creative and impressionistic effects. Then I got busy shooting and posting on the other photography blog site that I totally neglected this blog site. In case, any of you have missed out, click here for the ICM blog post.

A couple of weeks ago, three days before the local Indian Festival, Deepavali, I took the opportunity to head down to Little India for some night street shootings. I seldom make night photographs on Shutter Priority mode so it was time to do some crazy shootings.

I admit there is nothing new about shooting night sceneries with a slow shutter speed. Good examples like light trails of vehicles and the panning technique that combines a slow shutter speed with camera motion to create a sense of speed around a moving object.  We can definitely make use of this shooting technique for storytelling and emotions.

So, for tonight's blog, I'm showing these three photographs as a triptych for a good start, and more are coming soon. So stay tuned. For new readers, if you like my work do subscribe to my blog sites for new updates. Thank you all for your time and kind support. Good night.

Subscribe to my blog


Follow me on my Instagram and NQN Instagram
View more of my photography work on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment